5 ways to maximize the benefits of beauty sleep
It turns out that beauty sleep is a real thing - you can always tell that getting a poor night’s sleep doesn’t do wonders for your face. During sleep, the muscles in your face finally relax after a long day. Paying attention to how we treat our skin during sleeping hours shouldn’t be overlooked. Here’s what you can do to help give your skin its beauty rest and maximize the benefits of your beauty sleep.
- Get a full night of sleep The best place to start for your skin and for your overall health, is to get the recommended 7-9 hours of rest each night. Go to bed at approximately the same time each night and wake up at approximately the same time each morning. Maintain the same sleep schedule on weekends and limit naps to 30 minutes or less.
- Wash your face before turning in Going to sleep with a dirty face can also affect the appearance of your skin. You don’t want to give the day’s pore-clogging irritants the chance to sink in and do damage overnight.If you’re too tired to do your whole routine, use one-step Micellar Cleansing Water-a multi-purpose tonic that can be used as a makeup remover, cleanser or toner.
- Use a Night Cream to maximize the beauty benefits of sleep Your skin is busy repairing and rebuilding itself while you snooze. All that work consumes 40% of your skin's moisture, making using a moisturizer @ night an absolute necessity. You can actually maximize the beauty benefits of sleep by using the right night cream and we have some expert selection tips. (contact us for your personal skincare consultation)
- The position your face is in while you sleep matters to your skin.Most wrinkles are caused by the expressions we make while we’re awake, but wrinkles on the face and chest can result from sleeping on our stomachs or sides. An easy solution to this is to sleep on your back
- Elevating your head helps with snoring etc. which can disturb the quality of your sleep, and therefore your skin. It can also help reduce puffiness and circles under your eyes by improving blood flow. Elevating your head while you sleep can be as simple as adding an extra pillow.
HEALTHY Sleep = HEALTHY Skin Be sure to get your beauty sleep and pay attention to how you treat your skin during sleeping hours. It’s not just for a glow or looking youthful, it’s about maintaining your health in body, mind, and skin. . .